Sunday, September 22, 2013






It Happened There -- "Incorrigible ..."







This week, because I have been out of New York all week I will have no regular post so I thought I might share some pictures from my last vacation. My wife and I stayed at an old inn, in Rockport, MA right on the shore. Ralph Waldo Emerson had stayed there and we had a room just a few doors down from his.

 



  We didn't run into him, though. Perhaps he was vacationing with his friend Hank Thoreau.
 I heard Thoreau had a little place on a pond, a short distance from their homes in Concord, MA.















                                                                                     .







    Here are some other
    pictures I took.











When I showed them to my wife I heard her mumble something about "Incorrigible....', but the rest of her words were drowned out by the crying of seagulls.



Next Week -- It Happened Here will be back, in New York, with more NYSHMs !

No comments:

Post a Comment